Thursday, October 13, 2011

2 Week Review

My two firemen in training :)
We haven't had a lot of school time the past two weeks, I really don't know where the time went!  Two days were dedicated to landscaping and visiting contractors.  Bumblebee had a rough day once, and required my attention, so we didn't have school that day.  Two school days were dedicated to opening our orders from IFIT and A Plus, going through the packing slips, making notes and taking pictures.  (I plan to make a detailed post about it soon.)  I think we made blueberry muffins one day.  One of those days we spent at my Aunt's house making dressing frames and drawstring bags.  One day was dedicated to laundry and packing.  We did go to the school room once, but since I'm not at home, I don't have my notes and only vaguely remember how that went.  Then we left home on Wednesday and we'll get back home on Friday afternoon.  So there went two weeks!

I have updated the schoolroom twice, without posting about it.  But once I get home I'll be sure to take some pictures and explain whats going on.  I really had to reorganize things, take some unused things out, and clean some of my personal stuff off of the top shelves.  Hopefully when we get home Daddy will have his computer out so we have a bit more space.  In addition to getting our new material, I've also made a few things.

Since I let Link help me open all of the packages with his school supplies, he has seen most of the material.  He is very excited and has asked several times for specific material.  I have spent what time I could while I've been out of town reading back through Gettman to make sure I understand the presentations.  Once I get home I'll probably pull my Karen Tyler manuals out as well and get even more familiar with the presentations.  I feel like Link is a little behind in some areas.  For example, I think the pink tower will be easily mastered.  So I have to decide what to put out and in what order I should give the presentations and how quickly I should put out the "next" material.

I am a little confused about how the order should go.  Like, should he master the pink tower before I put out the brown stair?  Can I put out the brown stair and the red rods at the same time?  Is it okay to put out all three at the same time?

Anyways, I have a lot to catch up on and hopefully we'll have some good school days next week and Link will get to use some of his new material.  Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll have time to keep up with it all. Once I get home we're going to have company for two weeks.  Then, two weeks later, I'll be spending a week and a half away from home!

So, if it seems like I've disappeared, don't worry, I'll be back ASAP!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment