Monday, May 13, 2013

A Charlotte Mason Tidbit

I have always focused very much on Montessori and why I like it so much.  But there are things I like about other ways of teaching as well.  I was browsing the Ambleside Online Year 0 page and I especially liked the quote that she used from Charlotte Mason's Volume 1 - 
"...Health, strength, and agility, bright eyes, and alert movements, come of a free life, out-of-doors, if it may be, and as for habits, there is no habit or power so useful to man or woman as that of personal initiative. The resourcefulness which will enable a family of children to invent their own games and occupations through the length of a summer's day is worth more in life than a good deal of knowledge about cubes and hexagons, and this comes, not of continual intervetnion on the mother's part, but of much masterly inactivity." page 192



No comments:

Post a Comment