Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting Started

So I'm going to give the blogging thing another go, but with a different purpose.  The purpose of this blog will be for us to share the fun things in our life with others.  Mainly, that will be all about our little bugs.  As of today, we've got one 2 year old and one in the oven.  (In about 7 weeks or so we'll have 2 little bugs running/laying around, and we'll see how much time I have for blogging.)

We're going to have to come up with snazzy nicknames for our boys, but generally, I'll refer to them as our Bugs.  For anyone not in the family who happens to read this blog, I guess I'll include a little bit about us.  Hmm... where to start?  I'm the mom - I was a mechanical engineer for about 2 years, then when I gave birth to my son, I decided to leave work and spend all my time raising him.  I plan to homeschool my kids and I devote a good bit of my time doing research and planning things for us to do.  My husband is a computer scientist and a fantastic dad.  We love taking our son on hikes, swimming, to the zoo and aquarium, and just outside in general.

You'll probably notice that all my blog links (right now) have to do with Montessori.  Montessori is a teaching philosophy that I really like and try to implement as much as I can at home.  A good bit of what I post will probably have to do with what we're doing at home and why.  Read this post --   What DID we do all day?: Welcome! -- to see what I mean.  This blog is going to be one of my most used resources as I get started and her Welcome post does a good job of summarizing what I'm doing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment